Monday, November 11, 2013

Memorial

I wish to build a memorial
For all my brothers whose life faded
As nature sang a sad incoherent tune
That cold November night

I wish to build a memorial
For all those who have tucked themselves
Warm in their beds, covering their sleepy heads
Never to see day light!

A memorial of what became of my brothers
Devoured by the immense earth
By the greedy storm
Between the sky and silence
On the ground they slept
There where the earth is wounded
Where trees were uprooted
Where it bled,
A blood of mud!
That smothered my brothers to their death
There, where they went to the twilight
To an unconscious dive
For it was no mystery
That they were buried alive!

I wish to build a memorial
For their immeasurable terror and fright
And to their shocking surprise
What has our world gone to?
Our world of simplicity
Of hypnotic noontime shows,
Of ridiculous novelty songs
All gone with a torrent!

For as soon as rain drops fell on road
So did my brothers in their doomed abode

I wish to build a memorial
Not built of stones and rocks
That crumbles and cracks
Nor of timber that burns
Or copper that turns
To a sight of rotten green
In the bitter passing of time…

A memorial to their suffering
And to their loved ones
Who were left to suffer more
Mourning for their loss
Constantly hearing a mocking crystalline laugh
From the fat bellied Business man

For as soon as the tide covered the earth
So did my brothers blood leaving his heart

While those in the peak of wealth
Up on their self made pedestals
Made by lying and cheating
And making sharp promises
That easily break...

Like shards of broken glass
They relax in their bubbly bath
Enjoying hot food served on hot plates
Sitting in their desks, wearing decent clothes

There they sit conjuring up a new plan
Working out their profit
To make themselves richer
Off their business of timber!

For them I will build a different memorial
A most suitable one
Resembling a tomb made of dirt
Rightful for they are worth
A bucket of spit!
More worthless than a pile of shit

They had better watch out
For bolted windows and locked doors
Won’t be able to keep me out
For I am tempted
With thoughts of slitting their throats
It haunts me
It lingers in my mind
It haunts me
Like other unwanted thoughts of perversity
It haunts me
So before it consumes me
And eats me alive
I will let it out!
Set it loose as mocking words
That will strike their conscience
I will have my brother’s blood
Tattooed on their dirty faces

Putting their name to shame
With the words that I say
With my voice, my mouth, my bite
With the things that I write
My words, my hands, my fists!

No comments:

Post a Comment